With so many high-speed Internet options out there, sometimes it's hard to find figure out what plan is fast enough for you without overpaying. WhiteFence offers a wide variety of different plans from all of the most trusted nationwide Internet providers, helping you find the best Internet speed possible for your home.
Whether you spend your time on the Internet sending e-mail, downloading music, playing online games or streaming videos, there are all kinds of plans out there to ensure you're connected to the Web with an Internet plan that meets both your speed and budget needs.
What Internet Speed is Right for Me?
Choosing the best Internet speed depends on what you like to do online. There's no real catch-all speed that you will get the right speed for your money. Here are a few basic pointers to help you sift through all of your options:
- If all you like to do online is browse Web sites, check your e-mail and occasionally upload photos, a basic high-speed connection of around 1-2 Mbps (megabits per second) will do the trick. Many Internet providers offer these as their basic service packages, and the rates won't break the bank each month.
- If you are interested in streaming basic video to a laptop or standard definition video to a TV, a download speed of 2.5 Mbps or higher is recommended for consistent playback.
- For streaming high-quality, HD video (such as Netflix streaming or Hulu), a connection of 4 Mbps (megabits per second) or higher will be necessary, though for the best results 6 Mbps or higher is recommended. This will also allow you to download music with ease.
- Anyone interested in the best Internet speeds for online gaming will need to pay attention to the upload speed in an Internet package. Simply getting the fastest download speeds may not help, as online gaming relies on data sent from you to the host server. Anything that is 2 Mbps or higher should be sufficient in terms of upload speed.
- It's important to remember that the speeds above are recommended per device. It used to be that there was only one device using your connection at once. However, today with laptops, tablets, smartphones, video devices, gaming systems and more all using your Internet connection at once, you'll have to step up your connection speed to power all of these devices at once without issues. If you have a family full of data-hogs, it's best to pick a plan with download speeds of 6-10 Mbps.
Start Shopping Now
Ready to get started? Enter your address on the box on the right side of this page now for a list of providers and plans available at your address. You can easily compare speeds, features and prices to lock in on the best plan for your family. You can even save up to 30% when you bundle your Internet package with TV and home phone service. Start saving now!